Learn how to make Brown Sugar with just granulated sugar and molasses. It takes 5 minutes and works perfectly in cookies, cakes, sauces, glazes, oatmeal, and more.

Out of Brown Sugar? You Can Make Your Own!

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been halfway through a cookie recipe only to realize I’m out of brown sugar. Once I learned how easy it is to make at home with pantry staples, I stopped stressing about it completely, and now I make it any time I’m in a pinch! All you need is regular white granulated sugar and a little bit of molasses to mix in it. Store it at room temperature for months.
Take advantage of all of my how-to basics, like Pumpkin Pie Spice, Dry Onion Soup Mix, Homemade Buttermilk, Pickled Red Onions, and Vanilla Extract!
How to make Brown Sugar:
Combine: Add the granulated sugar and molasses to a medium bowl. Stir with a fork, spoon, or spatula until the molasses is evenly distributed, pressing any clumps against the side of the bowl until soft and fluffy.
Use or Store: Use immediately in your recipe, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.


Homemade Brown Sugar Recipe
Equipment
Ingredients
Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsulphured molasses
Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
Instructions
- Add the sugar and molasses to a medium bowl.1 cup granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon unsulphured molasses
- Mix with a fork, spoon, or spatula until the molasses is evenly distributed.
- Press any molasses clumps against the side of the bowl and continue mixing until the sugar is soft, fluffy, and evenly colored.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container.
Notes
Nutrition
Follow Me
from Tastes Better From Scratch https://ift.tt/iHSnLvB subscriber.email_address }}